CorgiAid helps corgis and corgi mixes get medical care so they can become adoptable, and also lends carts to corgis with mobility issues.
The 2016 and 2017 picnics raised approximately $14,000 each year for CorgiAid!
CorgiAid was nominated by Pedigree dog food as the "Best Breed Rescue Fundraising Program for 2007"!
Who Are They?
CorgiAid is a small, volunteer-run operation. We depend on donations to help us fund the rescuers that provide care to dogs in need. Other than some costs associated with doing business and fundraising, all funds go directly to the care of corgis and corgi mixes. CorgiAid is a government-blessed 501(c)3 charity; donations are tax deductible.
We help out those who rescue dogs from shelters or other non-permanent homes, then foster them until a new home is found. Medical and other expenses for these dogs can become high - CorgiAid gathers donations from those who want to help, and, within our funding guidelines, and gets funds to those rescuers who apply for help.
CorgiAid exists to provide a framework for support of rescue efforts for Cardigan and Pembroke Welsh Corgis and Corgi mixes, for the enhancement of animal welfare and the betterment of mankind.
Ways to Help
- Attend one of the many corgi picnics that benefit CorgiAid, for example through a silent auction, the sale of CorgiAid merchandise, a costume contest or game entry fees.
- Donate your used corgi wheelchair cart to CorgiAid’s cart program. For donation information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Spread the word about CorgiAid at dog events in your area, with veterinarians, and through local rescue programs and shelters. (contact email@example.com if you would like brochures to distribute).
- Create your own project to raise money for CorgiAid. Your imagination’s the limit, but some successful fundraisers have included corgi picnics, putting a donation jar at your favorite pet supply store or dog wash,selling dog biscuits and bandanas at dog events and street fairs, and doing holiday gift wrapping in exchange for donations at your local Barnes & Noble or Borders.
- Learn more about corgi and corgi-mix rescue at www.pembrokecorgirescue.webs.com and contact the list owners about joining a Yahoo group focused on rescue: CorgiRescuefirstname.lastname@example.org and CardiganRescueemail@example.com
- Remember CorgiAid in your will or living trust. You can leave a stated dollar amount, a specific asset, or a percentage of your residual estate (what remains after debts, expenses, taxes and specific bequests have been paid). Ask your attorney for advice.
Amazon Smile works for CorgiAid!!!